Need to Know Grants
Need to Know grants provide an opportunity for nonprofits to submit rolling grant requests throughout the year. By submitting these requests, your organization can keep us informed of new programs or ongoing funding needs throughout the year.
- If your organization submitted a grant application in the Competitive Grant Program and it was unfunded, it will rollover into Need to Know.
- Need to Know grants must serve populations within one of the following counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Torrance and/or Valencia.
- Your organization must be in compliance with the IRS, the NM Attorney General’s Office and the NM Secretary of State.
- Your organization must have a 501(c) (3) designation or be a public educational institution or be a government agency.
- The Foundation will review requests monthly, but there is no deadline to submit and there is no designated date on which the Foundation will have made funding decisions. This is a rolling process throughout the year. If your organization receives funds, the Foundation will contact you directly.
- Should the Foundation require additional information about your request (e.g. a detailed program budget), staff will contact you directly. Please do not email or mail attachments, brochures, flyers, etc. to the Foundation unless requested.
- If your request changes throughout the year, please email the Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating how your request has changed. We will make the note on your application.
- While grants may vary in size, we suggest you submit your requests in the $5,000 – $10,000 range.
- If your organization has not heard back from the Foundation by 12/31/ 2021, unfortunately, your request was not selected for funding. We ask that you to resubmit another Need to Know request in 2022.
We look forward to learning more about your organization and programs. Thank you for sharing your work with us.
If you would like to apply for a Need to Know Grant, contact the Community Impact team at email@example.com.