The Andrew Piech Memorial Scholarship
2019 Recipients: Ryan Hayes and Gabriel Gonzales
Providing assistance to students in the field of Automotive Technology and related Applied Technologies
The Andrew Piech Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 by Paula and Gerald Piech to memorialize their son, Andrew. Andrew graduated from Eldorado High School in 2004 and from the Universal Technical Institute (UTI) of Phoenix in 2005. He enjoyed working on cars and UTI allowed him to pursue his educational passions in the automotive field.
One or more scholarships are awarded each year to New Mexico graduating high school seniors and/or continuing college students. Students must pursue a degree or certificate from a nonprofit or public school: an automotive or technical vocational institution including community colleges. Student may attend school full or part-time.
One to two awards up to $2,200 will be given annually.
Awards may be used to cover the cost of attending school including required books, fees and materials.
Criteria and Guidelines:
Applicant must be:
- A current or past resident of New Mexico
- A graduating high school senior OR a new/returning college student
- Must pursue a degree or certificate from a nonprofit or public school
- Must pursue a certificate or degree in an automotive or technical vocational studies
- Attend a two or four year college, university or community college
- Attend school full-time or part-time
- Attend a nonprofit or public educational institution
- The Foundation does not make student aid awards to FOR PROFIT schools