The Pam Schneider Memorial Scholarship Presented by American Advertising Federation of New Mexico
2020 Recipients: Emilio Grijalva & Erica Proudfoot
The American Advertising Federation-New Mexico (AAF-NM) Scholarship Fund has been established to provide scholarships to deserving student who intend to enter the advertising profession and are currently maintaining a marketing internship.
One to two awards up to $1,400 will be given annually.
Criteria and Guidelines:
Applicant must be:
- A New Mexico resident enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student in his or her junior or senior year OR
- A New Mexico resident enrolled as a graduate student
- Attending a New Mexico four-year nonprofit or public educational institution and in one of the following courses of study:
- Business with a marketing emphasis
- Journalism with an advertising emphasis
- Strategic communications
- Advertising and marketing
- Graphic design, Fine art, Photography, or Illustration while maintaining a career focus in advertising or public relations.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Maintaining an marketing internship
- The recipient must have at least one remaining semester/quarter to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarship is awarded for the 2021-2022 school year.
Additional required information and/or attachments:
- A personal essay outlining your career goals and what steps you will take to position yourself for a successful career in your chosen field. Your essay should include why you have chosen this field of study and any relevant experience (e.g., internship, class projects) and activities
- Current resume or vita
- An official transcript through the spring 2021 school year
- One reference letter from a current academic teacher or counselor
- Optional – letter of reference from an employer on official letterhead
Thursday, June 3, 2021 | 5:00 PM MST