The Nina J. Wing Scholarship
Established in 2018 through the Albuquerque Community Foundation in partnership with Central New Mexico Community College, the Nina J. Wing Scholarship program supports students previously in foster care who are currently attending or will be attending Central New Mexico Community College.
Nina was born on August 12, 1921 in Beaumont, Texas. She was valedictorian of her high school graduation class, received a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from the University of Texas and then earned a degree in education and a Master’s degree in Counseling. Nina moved to Albuquerque in 1950s.
- Each scholarship shall be for a maximum of 12 terms (constitute an Associate Degree)
- Applicants must have been in Foster Care for at least one (1) year before entry into CNM
- Applicants must graduate from a New Mexico high school or high school equivalency
- Preference shall be given to applicants who have resided at “The Ranches”, 6209 Hendrix Road, NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Scholarship funds may be used to pay tuition, books, lab fees, equipment and/or reasonable living expenses, including but not necessarily limited to rent, utilities.
- Scholarship recipients must register for a minimum of six credit hours and maintain a 2.0 grade point average and complete 50% of the classes that recipient enrolls in, excluding physical education classes, from one term to another to receive funding for the next term
- The award is a maximum of $2,000 per term (per student) with a maximum cumulative award of $24,000 per student