Vice President of Strategy and Equity
In March 2019, Marisa Magallanez joined the Albuquerque Community Foundation as Advancement Director after 14 years at the National Institute of Flamenco. While at the Institute, Marisa helped establish milestone initiatives including Tierra Adentro Charter School, Tablao Flamenco, the Sawmill Campus, and rebuilding the organization after the 2013 fire.
Marisa holds an MBA with a focus in Policy and Planning from the University of New Mexico. In her free time, she enjoys horseback riding, hot yoga, and spending time with her three dogs.
- Red or green? The question all New Mexicans must one day face….Red!
- Mountain or River? Mountains with a river!
- Comedy Club or Dance Club? Dance club.
- Hometown: Mesquite, NM
- High School Mascot: Panthers
- If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be? Bette Midler
- If you didn’t work for the Foundation, where would you work? Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre or a ranch in northern New Mexico.
- Name three songs you would include on your soundtrack of life: Into the Mystic by Van Morrison, Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing by Stevie Wonder, and Mr. Jones by Counting Crows.
- What’s your favorite time of the year in New Mexico? Summer melting into Fall.
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? How to train horses.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro’s last ride at the London International Horse Show.
- Where’s Waldo? Sandia Peak!