Senior Community Impact Program Officer
Khia joined the Albuquerque Community Foundation team in June 2019 after completing her graduate internship at Con Alma Health Foundation, where she was drawn to the world of grantmaking. Khia earned her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from UNM and her Master of Social Work from NMHU.
Philanthropy & Strategic Grantmaking at Albuquerque Community Foundation have been a welcome application of her passion for improving the lives of others.Khia was born and raised in New Mexico and currently resides in Corrales, while also spending time in the East Mountains with family. In her free time, Khia enjoys playing soccer and running in the Bosque with her dogs, Pepper & Buffy.
- Red or green? Christmas!
- Mountain or River? A river in the mountains
- Comedy Club or Dance Club? Comedy
- Hometown: Corrales
- High School Mascot: Panthers
- If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be? My mom
- If you didn’t work for the Foundation, where would you work? Working for a sports network, traveling and commentating on soccer games around the world
- Name three songs you would include on your soundtrack of life: So many!…..Janis Joplin “Mercedes Benz”, Florence and the Machine “Shake It Out”, Atmosphere “Yesterday”
- What’s your favorite time of the year in New Mexico? The beginning of the summer
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? Everything a handy person can do.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? MLK “I Have A Dream” speech
- Where’s Waldo? I haven’t seen Waldo in years!!