President & CEO
As President and CEO of the Albuquerque Community Foundation, Randy commenced his career in philanthropy in 2005. Under his leadership, average annual contributions and grantmaking have increased exponentially, resulting in the Foundation’s assets under management surpassing $100M in 2019 – a monumental achievement within the community foundation field.
Over the last fourteen years, Randy has been instrumental in a number of collaborative initiatives. Currently he serves as Co-Chair of NM Counts 2020, a two-year state advocacy and action plan developed by the New Mexico Census Funder Collaborative, of which he also serves as Co-Chair. The work’s mission is to assure all New Mexicans are counted in the 2020 Census. Another key collaborative effort is “Healthy Neighborhoods Albuquerque,” a place-based wealth initiative. The project seeks to bring area “anchor institutions” together to affect significant economic and workforce development, primarily through a focus of buying, hiring and contracting locally.
Randy’s work in philanthropy has garnered state, regional and national attention with his involvement in the work of the Council on Foundations, Washington, D.C. He has served as the President of the National Standards Board for Community Foundations and is now a member the Board of Directors for the Council with a membership of more than 700 corporate, private, family and community foundations.
Randy is a multi-generation native of Albuquerque, New Mexico, married to Maria Griego-Raby, Owner and Principal of Contract Associates, with four children and five grandchildren. He is an attorney, holding Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Business Administration degrees.
- Red or green? Red
- Mountain or River? River
- Comedy Club or Dance Club? Dance Club – I won a 32 hour Disco Dance Marathon in college
- Hometown: ABQ
- High School Mascot: Matadors
- If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be? Dead – Jesus Christ; Alive – Warren Buffett
- If you didn’t work for the Foundation, where would you work? Locally – Maestas Development; Nationally – The Democracy Collaborative
- Name three songs you would include on your soundtrack of life: Louis Armstrong, “What a Wonderful World”; Michael Jackson, “Man in the Mirror”; and Etta James, “At Last”
- What’s your favorite time of the year in New Mexico? Summer
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? Spanish fluency
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech
- Where’s Waldo? I don’t understand this question?