Governance & Philanthropic Advising Associate
Kate joined the Albuquerque Community Foundation in 2021. She graduated from Princeton University in May of 2020, where she earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Public & International Affairs, with certificates (minors) in Asian American Studies and African American Studies. A longtime student of equity issues, Kate was able to learn more about systemic racial injustice through her college coursework, and it became one of the focusing goals of her career. After writing her senior thesis, a year-long project entitled Cultural Institutions Serving Ethnic Minorities in the City of Albuquerque: A Policy Case Study, Kate decided that Albuquerque is the place for her!
Before the Foundation, Kate enjoyed a stint at Rebel Donut, a local favorite, where she learned that her best art medium is frosting. During college, she honed her teamwork skills as a member of the Princeton Women’s Rugby team (much to the dismay of her parents), and the president of the team’s student officer board. She took a summer opportunity at Explora!, Albuquerque’s science museum, and also spent a summer as a research intern in Pune, India.
Kate was born in Philadelphia, PA, and grew up in Phoenix, AZ. She and her partner enjoy spending time with their newly adopted dog, Korra. They also love to explore the city and travel (as pandemic safety allows)! Kate is learning to cook and bake, with lots of help from her parents. Her other hobbies include reading, playing the piano, and playing video games. Her father is a partner at X-Ray Associates of New Mexico, and her mother works with many groups of children that face challenges. Her older sister is pursuing a Masters in Education in Dallas, TX.
- Red or Green? Green, especially on Golden Pride breakfast burritos!
- Mountain or River? River
- Comedy Club or Dance Club Comedy Club? I actually auditioned for an improv club in college. I didn’t get in (I probably made too many puns), and I decided to play sports instead.
- Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
- High School Mascot: Trojans (yeah, I know)
- If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be? Jonas Salk
- If you didn’t work for the Foundation, where would you work? I would be a fantasy novelist!
- Name three songs you would include on your soundtrack of life: Piano Sonata 8 in C minor “Pathetique”, 1st Movement – Beethoven Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys Dancing in the Dark – The Boss
- What’s your favorite time of the year in New Mexico? Fall, especially the cool weather and crunchy leaves! Bonus for the unexpected first snowstorm in Oct/Nov.
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? Coding/computer programming