Senior Community Impact Program Officer
Vanessa Gonzalez grew up in Taos, NM, eating homemade Mexican food and playing in her parent’s garden. Her upbringing has driven her fight for equity for BIPOC. In this fight, Vanessa has represented immigrants before USCIS as a Department of Justice Accredited Representative, helped over 300 people naturalize, and assisted the City of Albuquerque in increasing language access. Vanessa is constantly looking inward to address white supremacy and evaluating what equity means. Vanessa joined the Albuquerque Community Foundation in January of 2021 and will continue working alongside the Albuquerque community to address inequities as a Community Impact Program Officer.
In her free time, Vanessa enjoys spending time with her husband, Mag Kim and their two forever puppies, Jeong and Cariño. Vanessa enjoys budgeting and creating too many spreadsheets for everything.
- Red or green? Depends on where I am. If I’m in NM, green, if I’m in Mexico, red.
- Mountain or River? I can’t choose.
- Comedy Club or Dance Club? Dance Club. Always.
- Hometown: Taos, NM
- High School Mascot: Taos Tigers!
- If you could have lunch with anyone alive or dead, who would it be? I never got the opportunity to meet my father’s parents, so I’d like to meet them and talk about my father as a child.
- If you didn’t work for the Foundation, where would you work? Office of Equity and Inclusion because they have an amazing team and goal.
- Name three songs you would include on your soundtrack of life: Callaita by Bad Bunny, Nights by Frank Ocean, Vivir my Vida by Marc Anthony.
- What’s your favorite time of the year in New Mexico? Summer, I love the warm New Mexico nights, especially on a dancing night.
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? Professional Tap Dancer
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? I’d like to learn to sew clothing.